Thursday, October 31, 2013


October’s Assignments with Ore-Ida®
Potatoes are pretty much a staple in this house.  And I have no problem using frozen potatoes, especially when I need a quick side for a lazy night.  So....this was an assignment that was NO problem for me!

I decided on a lazy Saturday to have chili cheese hot dogs for dinner.  When I say lazy, I mean it!!  Take a can of no-bean chili and a block of pepper jack cheese, cubed.  Throw it in the microwave for 1-minute intervals until hot and the cheese is melted.  It's great as a quick dip or....on hot dogs.  So why not go All-American and add Ore-Ida Crispers as a side?  We love how crisp they get in the oven, and they even stand up to sopping up the chili that drips from the hot dogs.  Two of my favorite foods.  Heaven!






While watching football on a Sunday afternoon, we needed a snack.  I love Ukranian Platski.  It's my mother's recipe and it's very similar to latkes.  I guess the biggest difference is these are fried in Crisco (gasp!) rather than oil.  To me, grating potatoes is the absolute worst part of making these.  Even though I have a food processor, I still hate it, and the peeling, too.  For my husband and me, I defrosted half a bag of Ore-Ida hash browns and used those.  We happily munched away on these crispy treats as the RAVENS won the game!
 




Yeah, we like Tater Tots, too.  But we especially like the crispy Tater Tot Crowns.  Top them with some of that easy leftover chili cheese, grab a fork, and dig in.  Need I say more?  The picture says it all.
 

So, Ore-Ida, thanks for making my life a little easier.  I believe your products are the best frozen potatoes on the market!!

#Allstarsoreida



Judy

 

Disclaimer:  Ore-Ida® sent me a gift card for their products to test..  I was not compensated in any other way nor was I required to blog about this product.  The opinions expressed here are solely mine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment